I am an Ontario Certified Teacher who is currently an Assistive Technology Resource Teacher.
In the past, I have taught French, ESL, special education, computer science, math, social sciences and more at both the high school and elementary levels.
I am currently interested in and actively exploring:
- assistive and adaptive devices to give all students access to technology to reach their full potential
- strength-based education (vs deficit based)
- effective methods of coaching and leading professional development
- non-traditional classroom environments
- technology as a tool for personalized learning, self-reflection and intrinsic motivation
- self-regulation and the use of digital badges for self-directed learning
- YouTube, video production and live streaming